Monday, June 27, 2016

At The Inkwell hits London JULY 21 - UK votes Brexit - Prince - Bowie

'Upload: a 2-party system 
The lesser of 2 dangers 
Illusion of choice 
Download: a veiled form of fascism 
Nothing really ever changes 
U never had a voice'
PRINCE, Colonized Mind



My brain is busy and I can't make my thoughts lie down.

There's a lot to say about the UK and Brexit and Jo Cox and Trump and what's going on -

 what's going on -

WHAT'S GOING ON????

and honestly I don't know where to start right now. I've been numbly circulating petitions and crying randomly. I'm worried about what kind of world my kid is gonna grow up in. I'm trying to stay focussed in my day-to-day while the sky crashes --

all the normal stuff feels like an awkward armful of non-sequiturs -

the word 'despair' doesn't say it - it isn't that -

I just can't get my busy brain around the full scope of the problems we face -

I'm still getting over Prince being gone -

Jeez, the point of this was to let you know about a reading series I'll be hosting - how do I segue into that smoothly?

I don't think it's possible. 

How about this: Everything is nuts right now-are you thinking of building an underground-bunker- how about emigrating-yeahmetoo - wannacometoagig?

Hope I'll see you there...Hope you'll share. (there's an open mic)

xx














No comments: