Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Britain just became a colder, crueller country - and for nothing."

The time for complacency is over. Being quiet and keeping our head down isn't going to work anymore. Silence in the face of tyranny is extinction. I have a poem I've been working on lately, and in it I use this image that has been surfacing in my head over and over, of the government as an abusive spouse. First it's the flowers and chocolates, and then it's the paranoia, watching you every second of the day, the manipulative devices to make you feel trusting/dependent/disempowered. And then, when he feels the wife is under control, the smile slides off his face and out come the fists.

The shocked silence after the cuts are like those minutes after an abusive husband comes home and the door slams shut. This is it. Subservience won't stop you getting hit. You must fight! Nothing will work but resistance, and letting these people in government know that they work for US, and without our co-operation, nothing can be done. Everything in me is disgusted with what is happening in this country, but I've not been able to express my thoughts as lucidly or as convincingly as in this article below by Johann Hari... check it out!

http://johannhari.com//2010/10/21/britain-just-became-a-colder-crueller-country-and-for-nothing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Rebel!

Gemx

No comments: